Comparing the Accuvein AV500 vs VeinSight VS500 vs AimVein Pro 2.0
Which Vein Finder is the Best Value for Your Money?
Choosing a vein finder can be difficult. There are numerous models on the market today with each claiming to be the best.
But how do you know who to trust? To help you make the right decision for yourself or your organization, we have carefully analyzed the marketplace and selected the top three vein finder models.
These models do not just offer the best performance and quality but they are also extremely popular with customers.
We are now going to compare the models against each other to determine which stands out at the top as the very best.
The top three vein finder models according to our research are (in no particular order):
- Accuvein AV500
- VeinSight VS500
- AimVein Pro 2.0
Our experts have purchased each model and used them extensively to see how they perform and the value they offer for the dollar.
We then took our expert ratings and used them to find the best of the best. But before we reveal our rankings let’s take a much closer look at each of these popular vein finders.
Introduction to the Accuvein AV500
The Accuvein AV500 contains a number of features that make finding veins easier and more accurate.
For example, the device’s green projection can display veins as either light lines on a dark background or dark lines on a bright background – whichever is preferable for the person using the vein finder.
It also contains a high grade laser camera projector that helps ensure in focus projection while maintaining a small, lightweight design.
While many vein finders require maintenance to ensure continual camera alignment, Accuvein AV500 does not. In addition, it uses a low power laser so that it can be used without eye protection.
Another great thing about the Accuvein AV500 is that it features an intuitive user interface that allows those using the device to switch the display – from dark veins on a bright background to light veins on a dark background – with the push of a button.
The Accuvein AV500 also allows users to easily change brightness and to set an automatic time out after 10 minutes to save power.
The device has an OLED display that indicates current device status. Additional features include:
- Single button, “point and click” technology
- Vein map projection on the skin
- Center line is accurate to the width of a human hair
- Can be used as a portable handheld device or on a hands-free stand
- A light weight of only 10 ounces that makes it easy to hold
- Real-time vein display with no lag in case of patient movement
- Standard and inverse viewing modes
- Continual focus and a 4 inch to 10 inch work range
- Cradle charging – it runs unplugged for hours
- Easy cleaning – just wipe
- Resistant plastic outer shell
- It can be covered to lower contamination risk
- There are no special precautions for use
- Runs up to two hours on one charge
- Usable in MRI Zones 1, 2, 3
- No preventive maintenance required
- Works on all skin tones and shades and all body types
- Can be used in both dark and light environments
The Accuvein AV500 has a number of beneficial features and even comes with a customized cover to help prevent cross contamination, which is something many health organizations are concerned about.
This device is easy to use – it is a true lightweight, handheld tool. The battery recharges inside the device, which means you don’t have to remove it and put it back in over and over again.
Another great benefit is that it is movement tolerant and delivers an accurate image. With this device you are getting a unit that works on all types of patients and that can be easily wiped clean with water or alcohol after use.
Introduction to the VeinSight VS500
The VeinSight VS500 was recently named the winner of the Germany Red Dot Design Award. But this vein finder is more than just a machine that is pretty to look at.
It also comes with a number of high value features. For example:
Feature #1 – Ability to Save Vein Images
That’s right, users can save real-time vein images produced by the device. Users can check the image by projecting it on the skin and they can also connect their VS500 with a computer so that the image can be exported to a PC. This allows medical professionals or other users to compare vein images before and after a procedure.
Feature #2 – Distance Sensor
The VeinSight VS500 also comes with a built-in distance sensor that allows users to find the best projecting distance to ensure a clear vein image. Many medical professionals place vein finding devices too close or too far away to get the best, most detailed image. The VeinSight VS500 automatically turns on a yellow light when the ideal projecting distance has been exceeded.
Feature #3 – Vein Center Line
VeinSight VS500 also includes a vein center line feature that helps users locate veins with a much higher success rate.
There is a lot to like about the VeinSight VS500. For instance, it is small and lightweight, which makes it easy to hold and to use and very convenient to operate.
Another extremely useful feature of this device is the vein image transfer option as this makes it very easy for doctors and others to compare veins before and after a procedure, such as a vascular surgery.
Something else that users of this device appreciate is its ability to deliver precise vein location. The clear images produced by the device allow for comprehensive assessment of vein condition. Plus, the center line display helps deliver precise puncture paths.
By the way, this vein finder works by projecting near infrared light onto the skin. That light is then absorbed by blood but reflected by surrounding tissue. This discrepancy allows for the creation of images that accurately display veins. The VeinSight VS500 takes all that information and creates vein images that are then projected onto the skin.
If you are wondering about the differences between the new VS500 and the previous VS400 vein finder model … the VS500 is more user friendly thanks to its distance sensor and center line features.
Introduction to the AimVein Pro 2.0
AimVein features state-of-the-art proprietary technology that allows users to take the guesswork out of venipuncture. The Pro 2.0 delivers clear mapping of veins under the skin through easy-to-use proprietary technology that is safe, reliable and radiation free.
Here’s how the device works: It uses near infrared light to illuminate veins under the skin so that medical professionals and other device users can more easily find veins and make an accurate puncture.
This device can be particularly handy in emergency situations when time is of the essence as well as anytime a practitioner has difficulty finding a good vein on a patient. The device can spot veins for blood draws, IVs and more.
AimVein’s features include:
- Effective projection distance of 25 to 35 cm
- A resolution ration of 854X480 pixels
- A fast image processing speed of 30fps
- Battery life of 2.5 hours on a single charge
- 4 different levels of brightness
- Small size and light weight
Some of the things users point out about this high quality vein finder is that it:
- Utilizes safe or “cold” light that doesn’t damage the eyes (so the device can be used without protective eyewear)
- Produces seven vein imaging colors – choose the best color to get the clearest image in a certain environment
- Has normal and inverse imaging modes – so users can see either dark veins on a light background or light veins on a dark background
- Offers image optimization for higher detail and accuracy
- Has light adjustment for optimal viewing in any conditions
- Contains a sleep function to save battery life
- Features a simple, fast start process
- Also, has an optional image enhancer system for even clearer imaging
The AimVein Pro 2.0 is extremely easy to use – in fact most users will be able to start taking advantage of its many features immediately. However, complete operating manual and how-to videos are available so that users can ensure they are benefiting from all that the device is capable of.
Another great thing about this device is that it doesn’t require maintenance to keep it functioning at a high level. It is also easy to clean – just gently wipe clean after use. AimVein comes with a full one-year warranty.
Use of the AimVein Pro 2.0 increases the chance of first stick success by 3.5X. This device has also been shown to produce more accurate punctures – so that patient pain is reduced by 39%.
With less pain and more accurate punctures, patient satisfaction increases and they are more likely to come back to the user in the future. Also, don’t forget, this device offers non-invasive illumination that is safe and effective and simple one-touch control. Just push a button to turn the Pro 2.0 on and off and to control the vein projection.
Comparison of the Three Devices
To accurately compare these three devices our experts did the following:
- Carefully tested each of the devices extensively in the field being sure to use all of the features that they offer
- Analyzed testimonials from past users to further assess device reliability and effectiveness
- Compared the pricing of each device to see which offers “the best value for the buck”
After an exhaustive several month long test process our experts have settled upon a clear winner …
The AimVein Pro 2.0!
Only the AimVein Pro 2.0 offers all of these features:
- “Cold” or safe light – it won’t damage the eyes
- Seven vein imaging colors to choose from
- Normal and inverse imaging modes
- Ability to optimize vein images for higher detail and accuracy
- Ability to adjust light for optimal viewing wherever you are
- Battery-saving sleep function
- Fast start process
- Optional image enhancer system for even clearer imaging
All for a price that is lower than the other two competitors.
For example, right now on the AimVein.com website, customers can get the powerful Pro 2.0 for just $1,599 – a savings of $300 off the regular price of $1,899.
In comparison, the VeinSight VS500 is listed at prices between $2,000 and $4,000 on the resale site Alibaba.com. As for the Accuvein AV500, its price ranges from $3,200 to $5,000. As an example, the AV300 currently retails for $4,500 and a refurbished AV400 is listed at $3,313 on Google. So actually the price of the AccuVein AV500 may be higher than $5,000. It is difficult to tell because the company does not list prices on its website (the Veinsight SV500 doesn’t list prices either).
These companies only direct interested users to contact a salesperson. This usually indicates that prices are very high and that’s why they want potential users to speak to a salesperson so that they can be convinced to buy. These companies are afraid putting the real price on the website will drive potential customers away.
When you compare the many features that the AimVein Pro 2.0 contains along with its very public price – the choice was a no brainer for our experts.
They overwhelmingly found the AimVein Pro 2.0 to be highly effective and to also be very reliable.
The Bottom Line …
In today’s competitive marketplace, patient satisfaction is crucial. The AimVein Pro 2.0 is uniquely crafted to help improve patient satisfaction by taking an often difficult and painful process and making it much easier and more convenient.
Of all the devices we studied, it became clear quickly that AimVein understands the market and what users really want in a vein finder.
They provide all the important features along with more that offer users and patients a better experience – and they do all of this for a fee that is lower than their competitors.
Benefits of using the AimVein Pro 2.0 include:
Users are able to make punctures much faster now that they have easy access to a clear, detailed vein map
Less time spent finding a vein means more patients can be seen. Also, patients who are highly satisfied are much more likely to return.
The accuracy that comes from using AimVein Pro 2.0 allows for much better venipuncture.
We believe by using AimVein Pro 2.0 you or your organization will:
- Increase customer loyalty. Patients today expect high performance and this device makes that much more likely.
- Increase customer retention. Instead of going through the pain of being stuck multiple times, patients will appreciate the accuracy and speed that their visit was completed in. This means they are much more likely to return in the future.
- Reduce customer complaints. Customers today love to complain – especially on social media where bad reviews can wreck a business. With AimVein 2.0 you get happier patients who speak glowingly about your service.
Take a look at what others are saving about AimVein:
“I’m really impressed by both the effectiveness of this device as well as with its quality. It’s made finding veins for IVs and blood draws so much easier. There is no guesswork or uncertainty now. Finding a vein is so easy!” – Millie K.
To get the most value for your money and to ensure you get a vein finder that is accurate and reliable we recommend the AimVein Pro 2.0.
This device is produced by a company that has been a leading exporter of vein finders and other medical devices for over 10 years now.
They have supplied products to over 2,000 hospitals in the United States.
By the way, the reason AimVein is so inexpensive compared to the competition is because it has its own factory, which allows it to cut out the middlemen and deliver the highest quality for the lowest price.
In studying the market, we determined that customers can count on receiving devices made with the best materials and using the best manufacturing practices when they order from AimVein.
So save yourself a lot of frustration and disappointment that can come with getting a device that costs a lot and promises a lot but then doesn’t deliver.
AimVein Pro 2.0 is providing high quality, clear vein images for clients across the country and around the world.
When you get an AimVein Pro 2.0 you can count on receiving a device that works very well and that is easy to use.
You get all the best vein finding features in a device that is small and lightweight and very easy to use. Your hand and arm won’t get tired from holding it and you’ll love the clear images it produces again and again and again.
You can learn much more about AimVein Pro 2.0 by visiting Aimvein
There are also a number of add-on devices that are available for the AimVein Pro 2.0 that make it even more convenient to use, such as:
- AimVein Enhancer 2.0- This is the desktop version of AimVein. It is equipped with a hovering bracket and multi-joint adjustment mechanism that makes it both flexible and easy to use.
- AimVein Go 2.0- This model of AimVein utilizes a hand-pushed scaffold-type of design. The support structure is easy to move.
- AimVein Go 1.0- This is a scaffold style Aimvein vascular imaging product that has a hand-pushed, scaffold design.
For more information, visit Aimvein today.